Key West Passenger Van Accident Attorneys
Passenger vans have a capacity for the driver and fourteen passengers. They are frequently used by organizations to transport large groups of people and cargo to and from activities. Churches, colleges, and businesses use these vehicles on a regular basis. 15-passenger vans have the ability to fishtail and rollover because they are top heavy. The vans have a high center of gravity and when they are overloaded can become unstable. This can cause a great deal of harm to anyone involved in this type of accident. If you or a loved one have been involved in a passenger van accident, contact our passenger van accident attorneys in Key West immediately.
* Here are some statistics/facts concerning 15 passenger vans:
* There are an estimated 500,000 15 passenger vans on American roads.
* 15-passenger vans have a rollover ratio of 70 percent when filled with over fifteen passengers.
* The federal government has banned the purchase of 15-passenger vans for use in schools, excluding colleges.
* Since 1990 over 400 people have died due to single-vehicle rollover accidents in 15 passenger vans.
Many 15 passenger vans have rears that reach over four feet past the rear wheels. Overloading in this area of the van can increase the instability of the vehicle while steering in emergency situations. In many cases the addition of dual wheels in the back of the van can lessen the risk of instability while driving in emergency situations. Some manufacturers will add the dual wheels for a few hundred dollars. Here are some other safety measures to remember while operating a 15 passenger van:
* Drivers should see that all passengers are properly wearing seat belts before operating the vehicle.
* Load the vehicle's seats starting in the front.
* Position luggage in rear of the vehicle behind the back seat.
* Remove roof rack from the vehicle because they increase the center of gravity, which causes a higher chance of rollover.
* Do not talk on cell phones when driving the vehicle.
* Check tires for signs of wear, which can increase the possibility of rollover.
Leesfield Scolaro, has over 35 years of experience in 15 Passenger Van accident matters. Our skilled team of Key West passenger van accident attorneys will investigate the facts, assess your claim, establish which parties and insurance companies are to be held responsible, and organize all of the details of composing and presenting your case. If you or a loved one has suffered as a result of a Passenger Van accident call Leesfield Scolaro.