Catastrophic injuries are life-changing injuries caused by the acts of another person, whether negligently or intentionally. Our personal injury law firm has secured settlements and verdicts on behalf of seriously injured clients for almost 40 years. Our skilled trial lawyers provide effective and aggressive legal representation for people who have suffered life-altering injuries from catastrophic accidents. For a complete list of the firm's representative results, go to our Verdicts and Settlements section.
Over the past near 40 years, our firm has been successful in achieving significant results in catastrophic injury cases such as traumatic brain injuries, severe birth trauma, closed head injuries, spinal cord injuries (paralysis, paraplegia, quadriplegia), back and neck injuries, amputations or disfiguring burn injuries.
We have secured multi-million dollar settlements for clients in lawsuits involving birth injuries car and truck accidents, product liability, inadequate security, and aviation accidents. If you or a loved one was catastrophically injured in one of these or other type of accident, we will work on your behalf to ensure that your medical bills, future medical care, wages and pain and suffering damages are recovered on your behalf.
This will involve the hiring of investigators, health care experts, life-care planning consultants and sometimes vocational rehabilitation specialists and economists. You need a law firm that has the staying power to fight for your rights from the day of the accident all the way through completion of trial. At Leesfield Scolaro we have the commitment and financial resources that are crucial to the success of catastrophic injury cases.
Catastrophic injury cases are the most difficult cases to take on in many aspects. In cases with unlimited coverage where the negligence is attributed to a deep-pocket defendant, the challenge is simply to educate the defendant on the life-long care that will be required to treat our client. In some instances, a trial on damages alone will be necessary, and a jury will have to decide how much money the injured person deserves.
However, in most cases, catastrophically injured individuals will find out the at-fault person has no or very limited insurance coverage to compensate for their injuries. That is when the need for life- long care requires the right mix of aggressive and creative lawyering in order to uncover a source of coverage that will guarantee the independence and financial safety of injured individuals. That is how Leesfield Scolaro often times is able to secure settlements multiple times above the policy limits of the available insurance coverage.
To contact one of our experienced trial lawyers call our Miami law office today at 800-836-6400 or click here for a free and full case evaluation.
- 2017 Leesfield Scolaro's "Cases from Other Places" and Our Own Backyard Leesfield Scolaro, through its leading verdicts and results, has established a 43-year reputation representing injured clients throughout Florida,
- Fighting for Clients When we are engaged to represent a client and take on their case we become their advocate and we fight for them because they cannot. We give a voice
- Creative Lawyering Yields Another Great Result for Injured Child The vast majority of personal injury victims contact a lawyer intending to make claims against a specific entity for a specific wrongdoing. The
- Multi-Million Dollar Settlement Reached for Paraplegic Key West Handyman After Fall Off Ladder In Florida, a property owner who hires a person to work on the property owes a positive duty to said person to provide them with reasonably safe
- Record verdict in Key West for Man on a Scooter hit by vehicle that ran the red light Florida Statute 316.075 is very clear: (c)(1) Vehicular traffic facing a steady red signal shall stop before entering the crosswalk on the near side