Justin B. ShapiroPartner
Justin B. Shapiro is a partner in the firm and focuses his practice on complex civil litigation involving severe personal injury and wrongful death.
Mr. Shapiro has actively litigated hundreds of cases for the firm’s statewide practice. He has obtained substantial recoveries for his clients in cases involving automobile negligence, premise liability, negligent security, cruise ship accidents, and sexual assault. He recently obtained a $36,000,000 jury verdict in a wrongful death automobile collision case, which was reported by TopVerdict.com as the largest pedestrian accident verdict in all of Florida in 2017. Many of his verdicts and settlements for severely injured clients have been recognized by leading national law journals and organizations.
Mr. Shapiro earned his Juris Doctor degree, magna cum laude, from the University of Miami School of Law, where he graduated in the top 7% of his class. He received his Bachelor of Arts in psychology, cum laude, from the University of Central Florida.
- Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, University of Miami School of Law
- Order of the Coif
- Dean's List (five semesters)
- Editor, Inter-American Law Review
- Dean's Certificate of Achievement - Torts
- Bachelor of Arts in psychology, cum laude, University of Central Florida
- President’s 4.0 Honor Roll (four semesters)
- Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity
- Florida Bar
- Daily Business Review's "Verdicts Hall of Fame"
- ALM (American Lawyer Media) "Top Verdicts of 2017"
- National Law Journal's "Top Verdicts and Settlements of 2017"
- ALM (American Lawyer Media) 2018 Top Ranked Lawyers
- AV Preeminent (Highest) Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected to Super Lawyers' Rising Stars 2017, 2018
- Selected to The National Trial Lawyers' "Top 40 Lawyers under 40" publication
- What Are They Smoking?! Mexico's Decriminalization of Small-Scale Drug Possession in the Wake of a Law Enforcement Failure, 42 U. Miami Inter-Am. L. Rev. 115 (2010)
- Intern, Miami-Dade Public Defender, Miami, Florida
- Felony Intake Unit
- Intern, Office of U.S. Senator Bill Nelson, Orlando, Florida