Justin B. ShapiroPartner
Justin B. Shapiro is a partner in the firm and focuses his practice on complex civil litigation involving severe personal injury and wrongful death.
Mr. Shapiro has actively litigated hundreds of cases for the firm’s statewide practice. He has obtained substantial recoveries for clients in cases involving automobile negligence, premises liability, negligent security, cruise ship accidents, and sexual assault. His verdicts and settlements for severely injured clients have been recognized by leading Florida journals and organizations.
Mr. Shapiro has a passion for justice and brings all his talents and efforts to bear to advance his clients’ interests. He has garnered the respect of his colleagues by demonstrating the tenacity and creativity that are hallmarks of the Leesfield Scolaro team of trial lawyers.
Mr. Shapiro earned his Juris Doctor degree, magna cum laude, from the University of Miami School of Law, where he graduated in the top 7% of his class. He received his Bachelor of Arts in psychology, cum laude, from the University of Central Florida.
- Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, University of Miami School of Law
- Order of the Coif
- Dean's List (five semesters)
- Editor, Inter-American Law Review
- Dean's Certificate of Achievement - Torts
- Bachelor of Arts in psychology, cum laude, University of Central Florida
- President’s 4.0 Honor Roll (four semesters)
- Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity
- Florida Bar
- AV Preeminent (Highest) Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected to Super Lawyers' Rising Stars
- Selected to The National Trial Lawyers' "Top 40 Lawyers under 40" publication
- What Are They Smoking?! Mexico's Decriminalization of Small-Scale Drug Possession in the Wake of a Law Enforcement Failure, 42 U. Miami Inter-Am. L. Rev. 115 (2010)
- Intern, Miami-Dade Public Defender, Miami, Florida
- Felony Intake Unit
- Intern, Office of U.S. Senator Bill Nelson, Orlando, Florida