Medical Malpractice Lawyers Miami
Leesfield Scolaro, P.A. represents victims of medical malpractice in the Miami, Florida area. If you have suffered injury from substandard care or lost a loved one due to errors by physicians, hospital staff, or a Home Health Agency, please contact our attorneys for a free consultation.
Our lawyers have decades of experience handling Florida medical malpractice cases including:
- Missed diagnosis of serious or fatal conditions such as cancer where treatment was given too late
- Misdiagnosis of illness leading to unnecessary and harmful treatment
- Surgical errors such as removing the wrong limb, cutting nerves or arteries, sterilization, or unnecessary surgery
- Post-surgical infection arising from negligence
- Anesthesia malpractice, resulting in death or brain damage
- Birth defects or death resulting from delayed Cesarean section, failure to monitor the fetus, or improper delivery
- Negligent treatment by Home Health care employees
- Nursing home abuse or negligence
- Improperly prescribed, dispensed or filled medication
It is important to contact our Florida medical malpractice attorneys as soon as possible after the incident, as Florida imposes a two-year statute of limitations on medical malpractice lawsuits and requires a pre-suit filing affirmed by a licensed physician in the same field who can attest that medical treatment fell below the accepted standard of care.
Our Miami lawyers can assist you in recovering medical malpractice damages, including medical expenses (actual and future), lost income, loss of enjoyment, and pain and suffering. Death from medical malpractice can add damages such as medical and funeral expenses, lost earnings, and loss of consortium to loved ones. In some cases, punitive damages are also awarded. Punitive damages are intended to punish wrongdoers and prevent them from harming others.
Medical malpractice injuries can be severe and life altering. The experienced attorneys at Leesfield Scolaro, P.A. will discuss your situation and go over the options available to you, as well as work with insurance companies and other parties involved in your case to make sure all your needs are handled quickly and appropriately.
To contact one of our experienced trial lawyers call our Miami, Florida law office today at 800-836-6400 or click here for a free evaluation of your case.