Key West Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys
Leesfield Scolaro, Key West Nursing Home Abuse attorneys, have been representing the victims of negligence for years. Our team of dedicated lawyers represents persons who have suffered serious injury or wrongful death, economic loss, personal loss and future damages due to negligence, including serious automobile accidents, motorcycle accidents, nursing home abuse, defective equipment accidents, plane crash accidents, boating accidents, cruise ship accidents, construction accidents, slip and fall accidents and medical negligence, including harmful drugs.
Putting your trust in a nursing home to care for a loved one can be a difficult decision. When the nursing home betrays that trust, the results are devastating. Today, many institutions that provide long-term care for the elderly are owned by for-profit corporations. In an effort to maximize profits, some institutions have cut back on staff or hired less qualified workers for lower salaries.
* Every year in the United States there are nearly 240,000 documented cases of elder abuse, many of which occur in assisted living facilities and nursing homes.
Elderly persons need to be protected against dishonest and often dangerous nursing home employees. In many occurrences, injuries and accidents that take place in nursing homes are results of neglect and, in some instances, are caused by intentional harm. The elderly need to depend on their family members to assist them if they have been the victim of nursing home negligence. If you suspect nursing home abuse or neglect of a loved one, it is imperative that you consult a nursing home abuse/neglect attorney immediately.
Nursing home negligence manifests itself in a variety of ways, most of which fall under two basic categories: abuse and neglect. Some of the more common examples are:
* Assault & Battery
* Sexual Assault
* Unreasonable physical constraint
* Deprivation of food or water
* Over- or under-dosing of medication
* Unexplained injuries
* Forcing a patient to stay in a room
* Failure to assist in personal hygiene, or in the provision of food, clothing, or shelter.
* Unsanitary and unclean conditions
* Persuading a patient to sell personal property
* Stealing a patient's money and/or possessions
* Fraud, forgery, and extortion
* Wrongful use of Power of Attorney, Trusteeship, or Guardianship
If you feel a loved one has suffered from abuse or neglect at the hands of a nursing home, don't despair. You have the right to take on these institutions. Leesfield Scolaro, will work with you to hold them responsible for their actions.
Leesfield Scolaro, has years experience in personal injury matters. Our skilled team of attorneys will investigate the facts, assess your claim, establish which parties and insurance companies are to be held responsible, and organize all of the details of composing and presenting your case. If you or a loved one has suffered as a result of nursing home abuse or neglect call Leesfield Scolaro.