Thomas D. Graham
Thomas D. Graham is an associate in the firm and focuses his practice on complex civil litigation, involving individuals and families impacted by wrongful death, traumatic personal injury, medical malpractice, and defective products.
He has a special background and focus on admiralty and maritime injury cases, including the representation of injured cruise ship passengers, crew members, and maritime workers. A significant portion of his practice is devoted to maritime medical malpractice cases where sick and injured individuals are not adequately treated or evacuated from cruise ship vessels traveling around the world. He also focuses on cases where cruise ship passengers and tourists are injured or die while on shore excursions, at resorts, or traveling abroad. Mr. Graham draws upon his background in criminal justice to place special emphasis on the representation of victims of sexual assault and violence.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Graham tried cases in nearly every Florida Circuit Court. He began his career as a prosecutor with the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office where he was responsible for the prosecution of felony criminal cases. During his service, Mr. Graham tried over 25 jury trials, over 100 bench trials, and served as the Assistant Chief of County Court.
Born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Mr. Graham is licensed to practice law in Florida and Pennsylvania. He was honored to receive a top score on the February 2011 Florida Bar Exam.
Juris Doctor (Magna Cum Laude), St. Thomas University School of Law, 2010
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship
- Law Review
- Moot Court Board
- Book Awards: Animal Rights Jurisprudence, Business Associations, Evidence, Land Use Planning, U.S. Supreme Court Advocacy, Perspectives on Legal Thought
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Fraternity
- Student Instructor of Torts
Bachelor of Science (with honors), Pennsylvania State University, 2007
- Delta Tau Delta Fraternity (International Leadership Academy Graduate)
- The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division (YLD), Board of Governors
- Co-Chair of the 2020 Robert Orseck Moot Court Competition
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division (YLD), District Representative for Florida
- American Bar Association- Ethics and Professionalism Standing Committee
- American Bar Association- Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section- Ethics and Professionalism Liaison
- Dade County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, Board of Directors
- Florida Justice Association, Member
- Dade County Bar Association, Member
- Miami Dade Justice Association, Member
- The League of Prosecutors, Member
- The Honorable Peter T. Fay American Inn of Court, Member
- Young Philanthropists of Baptist Health, Member
- Federal Bar Association South Florida Chapter
- The American Association for Justice
- Russian American Bar Association of Florida
- The Florida Bar, 2011
- The Pennsylvania Bar, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Fluent in Spanish