Carlos Macias is a Trial Attorney in the firm's civil litigation practice. Mr. Macias is a skilled trial attorney and advocate, who currently focuses his practice on litigating personal injury (bodily injury, wrongful death, and catastrophic injury), medical malpractice, trucking and motor vehicle accidents, products liability, mass tort, foreign sovereign negligence, negligent security, and premises liability claims. Mr. Macias has garnered a reputation of zealously advocating for his clients, both in and out of the courtroom, while always keeping the client’s needs and future in mind.
Mr. Macias counsels his clients on the critical decisions they face by focusing on the client’s specific needs on a case-by-case basis. He has experience representing clients from post-accident investigation and pre-suit representation through litigation and trial. Mr. Macias has a background in commercial litigation, civil litigation, personal injury, intellectual property, and worked as an Assistant State Attorney at the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office. At the Miami Dade State Attorney’s Office, Mr. Macias prosecuted hundreds of cases ranging from misdemeanors to homicides, was a member of the Traffic Homicide Unit, and tried numerous cases to verdict, both jury and non-jury. While working at a Coral Gables firm, Mr. Macias was also the lead associate on a Florida State Court case regarding the assassination of a former foreign Ambassador, which attained a $191.4 million dollar final judgment. He also has experience litigating matters involving the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act (FSIA) and the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act (TRIA).
Mr. Macias received his Juris Doctor and a Certificate in International Law from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law. He also received his Bachelor of Business Administration from Loyola University New Orleans, where he double majored in Marketing and Management.
J.D., Loyola University New Orleans College of Law
- Certificate in International Law
- Certified Student Practitioner – Criminal Defense Clinic at the Stuart H. Smith Law Clinic and Center for Social Justice (Fall 2011)
- Hispanic Law Student Association – President (2011-12), Treasurer and S.B.A. Representative (2010-11)
- 2011 National Latina/o Law Student Association Conference – Host Committee Board Member and Co-Director of Guest Speakers and Fundraising (2011)
- Student Bar Association – Executive Cabinet and Director of Wellness (2011-12)
- Phi Alpha Delta Fraternity
B.B.A, Loyola University New Orleans
- Double Major in Marketing and Management
- Dean’s List (2007 – 2009)
- Loyola Ambassador (2006 – 2009)
United States District Court Southern District of Florida
United States District Court Middle District of Florida
Cuban American Bar Association (CABA)
Florida Justice Association (FJA)
League of Prosecutors
Belen Alumni Lawyers Section
Loyola University New Orleans College of Business Alumni Board of Directors
Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Product Liability Litigation - Defendants, 2021